Today, we’re going to take some time to remember our fearless Co-founder, friend, and Conzel-mom, Becky Conzelman. We won’t lie, not having her infectious energy and light around this year has been hard for whole community, and it has taught us so much about what it means to trust God in all circumstances.
As some may remember, and for those of you who didn’t have a chance to meet her, will learn, Becky loved competing and CrossFit, but she loved God and people more, in that order.
Earlier this week, we spent some time interviewing her close friends, the FAITH RXD and CrossFit community, and her family to hear what they remember and miss about her, and how they have processed their grief.
We’ve included clips from those interviews, as well pieces of interviews Becky did throughout her career, and soundbites from her celebration of life. A special thank you to all who participated and gave us permission to use their content:
- Jim Conzelman, Co-founder of FAITH RXD, Executive Director, and Becky’s husband
- Kylie Conzelman, Becky’s Daughter
- Tyler Conzelman, Becky’s Son
- Guido Trinidad, Dear Friend, CrossFit Games Athlete, Competed with Becky, owns Peak 260 Fitness in Miami, FL, and FAITH RXD Training Staff and organization Board Member
- Beyond the Barbell Podcast and Blair Morrison and Ben Alderman
- Kevin Ogar, Dear Friend, Former CrossFit Competitor, Member of CrossFit Seminar Training Staff, Owner of CrossFit Watchtower, and Co-Founder of the Reveille Project
- Spencer Arnold, Dear Friend, FAITH RXD Training Staff Member, and Former Competitor, Owner of Power and Grace Performance
- Andrea Ager-Montalvo, Dear Friend, FAITH RXD Training Staff Member, Former CrossFit Games Competitor, and Trainer
- Kendra Dravecky, Dear Friend and FAITH RXD Leader
- Billy Shelton, Dear Friend and FAITH RXD HQ Staff Member
- Be Love Podcast and Kristi Hayes
- Pursuing Health Podcast, Julie Foucher-Urcuyo and Tonya Wagner
- Melissa Montalvo, Dear Friend and FAITH RXD Leader
- Nast and Dave Whitson, Dear Friends and FAITH RXD Leaders
This show is going to be a little different than you’re used to, but our prayer is that this hour is a sweet gift for you as we remember our friend, her life, and the one who she constantly pointed us to and placed her hope in, Jesus Christ.
If you don’t have a relationship with Jesus, we would love to talk to you more about what that means and looks like. You can send us a message on Instagram and Facebook at @FAITHRXD, or through our website http://www.faithrxd.org. Even in a time of physical distancing, our chapters are still meeting, and one of our local leaders would love to connect with you. To find a chapter in your area, visit www.faithrxd.org/chapter