AthleteWord: “Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation” – Hebrews 11:2 NLT
Who are you? If someone could tell the story of your life, how would it be told? What words would be used? What experiences would matter most? Who would be the main characters in your story?
The story of our lives is called our “testimony.” We all desire to have a good testimony. We want our lives to have meaning. Scripture says the champions described in Hebrews 11 obtained a good testimony because of what they believed. The power of their life stories was defined by their faith.
- What have been the defining moments of your life story so far?
- What has motivated the big decisions of your life?
The life stories of the champions listed in Hebrews 11 were defined by a greater story they believed. The story that made them live courageously was what motivated their actions.
What was this influential story? It was God’s story.
Since these men and women believed God made the world and everything in it, they decided His purpose was all that mattered. They understood that a life story that fits into God’s story produces a powerful testimony. This is how they won God’s approval and became part of the “hall of faith.”
“Without faith no one can please God. Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him.” – Hebrews 11:6 ERV
- Describe someone whose life story is a testimony to the power of God’s story? Share with a friend.
- Watch a documentary of a person’s life who made a big impact on this world in an influential way.
- Read Hebrews 11 every day for one week. Make notes of the life stories that you most desire to emulate.