ONLINE & PARTNER MERCHANDISING DIRECTOR – Contract, Greater Denver Area
Are you an ecommerce trailblazer? Does initiating new online sales channels like Amazon, Pinterest and Overstock get you energized? Do you love the creativity of apparel design, plus producing the analytics that go with growing an online merchandise division? Are you passionate about fitness, particularly CrossFit? Are you an enthusiastic team player with dogged determination who can expand and own the analysis, creation, and execution of our merchandising strategy? If you are looking for a mission-driven company where you can demonstrate and grow your God-given talents in merchandising and visual strategy across all channels (.com, email, social, affiliates, retail, e-catalog), then we should definitely talk.
WHO ARE WE?
We are expanding and looking for a passionate, driven individual who is excited about joining an organization that transforms lives by bridging fitness with faith. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace, you will be part of a team that is helping thousands of people be motivated, engaged and live for Christ. We engage our community to pursue greatness through authentic relationships, social media and competition presence, equip our community with enriching content, focused training camps and chapter events and expand when our community of leaders are mature disciples of Christ dedicated to serving others. They, in turn, spread the Word throughout the fitness world. We demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Unity, Service and Excellence.
We incorporate Scripture, thought-provoking symbols and understated Christ-centered references into workout apparel and promotional products as motivation for athletic performance, and as an opportunity to start a conversation about faith. We see this as a unique opportunity to utilize sharp, well-designed apparel as a new way of being a Brand Evangelist.
Faith Rx’d is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated e-commerce merchandising superstar to join our performance-driven team and help communicate our message. You will own the coordination, onboarding and implementation of our apparel and products and be the key product liaison with our chapters and partners. By defining and implementing the product roadmap, you will help shape long and short term strategy while providing quick and clear value-add to the organization.
Specifically, you will:
- Own the development and distribution of products to the fitness audience in the digital space as it relates to all customer touch-points (e-Catalog development, social media, events, email, website, etc) including product specs, marketing descriptions, photos and layouts to drive design, style and brand awareness
- Bring to market new product offerings and designs (core, seasonal, chapter, event-specific) within timelines, budgets and revenue goals
- Develop key business levers like demand marketing assessments, testing, optimization, promotions, digital merchandising, creating materials in advance of, as well as in response to customer demand
- Manage our external vendors and partners in creative design, production, procurement, supply chain, web development and marketing
- Generate and analyze sales, inventory, demographic, product and projection reports, closely monitoring progress and reacting accordingly
- Run end-to-end sales and supply chain management including seasonal and core-product strategies, promotions, price/availability, PO automation, multi-site inventory, fulfillment, shipping procurement/negotiations
- Initiate, develop and steward innovative new distribution channels (ie: Amazon, Lifeway, Mardel, Pinterest, Etsy) and promotional opportunities (trunk shows, chapter/event/competition promotions) to maximize online, chapter and event sales
- Develop in-store theatre ideas in line with overall branding, message and budget
- Assess, develop and manage possible Faith Rx’d brand ambassador program
- Develop incentive programs and strategies to cross-sell, up-sell, and build loyalty
- Troubleshoot customer returns, complaints and implement best practice process improvements
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- BA or BS in related field (marketing, merchandising, business, etc.)
- Experience using order management and ERP systems
- Proven experience managing multiple retail campaigns in a variety of online/retail channels
- Proven experience in customer segmentation and targeted marketing
- Understand market trends and buying psychology within the e-commerce and retail world
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert-level tracking capabilities — reporting and applying quantified analysis of each initiative; meticulously detailed
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to make recommendations about products, process, and technology changes (including UI/UX insights) in order to complete project on schedule and within scope
- Proven experience working independently, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage remote resources (ie: creative agencies and/or freelancers)
YOU’LL FIT RIGHT IN WITH:
- Ability to set realistic goals, manage expectations, prioritize needs, be accountable for results, and stay motivated in a solution-focused, evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent organizational skills paired with high attention to detail
- Flexible, creative & fun—ability to roll with changes and keep a positive attitude
- CrossFit enthusiast or competitor
- Prior involvement with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, YoungLife, CRU or similar organization
- Online merchandising experience within a health/wellness or fitness environment
- Start-up experience
- Consulting or freelance experience
- Approximately 20 hours per week; $2000-2500/month contract, based on experience
- Location: Greater Denver, Colorado; local applicants please
- Interaction with partners is accomplished primarily through remote engagement; however, this position may occasionally require nationwide travel, depending on organizational needs
- On-site interaction with co-founders, engagement in quarterly camps and organizational planning sessions
- Candidate must pass a comprehensive background check
- Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to:
- Please put Merchandising Director and your Name in the subject line of your email
We have preferred partners—no agency calls or emails please.