God calls us to be authentic Christians, living in a way consistent with our faith, both in public and private. Authentic living means living with transparency, integrity, and a wholehearted commitment to Him and His values. It can be challenging to be a faithful Christian in today’s culture, which often places value on superficial things that do not matter in the long run. But we can find true happiness in embracing Jesus, His teachings, and the Gospel.
Here are some specific ways that we can live as authentic Christians:
- Be honest with yourself and with others. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Be genuine and authentic in all of your relationships.
- Live your life in a way that reflects your values. Don’t compromise your beliefs just to fit in or to please others.
- Be a good witness for Christ. Let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16).
- Be forgiving and compassionate. Just as God has forgiven us, we should also forgive others who have wronged us.
- Be loving and kind. Jesus said, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” (John 13:34-35).
Living as an authentic Christian is not always easy, but it is worth it. When we live in a way consistent with our faith, we can experience true joy and peace. We can also be a powerful witness for Christ to those around us.
Philippians 2:5 says, “In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.” May we be more authentic for Christ and shine our light as an example for others to see and impacted by.
1. Write down one way you can be more authentic in your professional and spiritual life.
2. Commit Philippians 2:5 to memory.