We’ve got your daily encouragement, written by Lindsey Strickler.
Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.”
This has been so convicting for me to revisit. If you’ve been around Christians or church long enough, you’ll hear these verses thrown around… a lot. So it’s easy to gloss over them and go, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Got it. Okay.” Then move on.
However, what if instead I paused? Preparing for this devotion I asked myself, “How would my life look different if I actually lived like I believe these verses. I say I believe them, but I don’t know if my life really reflects it.”
Normally we spend more time in the message portion, but today, we’re going to spend more time in our skill work. But first, go through the prayer.
God, if I’m honest, I don’t live in confidence of these verses. I’m so sorry about that. I’m so sorry I sell you short because your plans don’t look the way I want them to. God, please change my heart. Be with me as I go through the questions in the Skillwork. Holy Spirit make me sensitive to your voice and your prodding. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Let’s go through each verse and journal the responses:
- What ramifications on my life are there that God doesn’t faint or get tired?
- How would my prayers change if I think about the fact that God’s understanding is unsearchable?
- How would my attitude and actions change if I hold on to the promise that God gives power to the faint and increases our strength, rather than focusing on how uncomfortable my life is?
- Am I trying to be the source of my strength or am I leaning on God?
- Do I believe that the Lord will renew my strength; that you will enable me to mount up with wings like eagles; that I will run and not be weary; that I will walk and not faint?
To receive the Faith Workout of the Day every morning, please sign up here.