We’ve got your daily encouragement, written by Phil Woody.
“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”Ephesians 5:15-20
- As a CrossFit athlete of over 8 years now, I know that the guy who started at the age of 37, ain’t 37 anymore. I have a number of attitudes I can have about this:
- I can be discouraged as I see my recovery time requires longer then it did when I started.
- I can be frustrated that my current 1 rep max isn’t what it used to be and seemingly never will be.
- I can cry about how my knees hurt more than they used to and that my shoulder aches after every WOD.
- I can quit, throw my hands up and say it is just for those in their prime.
Spend time reflecting on your own life, are there limiting beliefs that are holding you back from a deeper relationship with God?
To receive the Faith Workout of the Day every morning, please sign up here.