In today’s fast-paced world, distractions are relentless. They can pull us away from the things that matter most: our faith, our family, our connection to God, and our mission as Christians. To regain focus, we must rise above the distractions, recommit to our core values, and let them guide our lives.
Here are some specific ways to do this:
- Set aside time each day to pray and read the Bible. This is essential for connecting with God and staying grounded in our faith.
- Make time for family and friends. They are our support system and an important source of love and encouragement.
- Be intentional about how you spend your time. Avoid activities that are distracting and harmful. Instead, focus on things that will help you grow as a Christian and make a difference in the world.
- Remember your mission as a believer in Jesus Christ. You are here to love God and love others. Let this motivate you to live a life aligned with your core values.
In Matthew, Jesus tells us what to cherish. He says, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.” This verse highlights the importance of loving and cherishing one’s relationship with God above all else.
If you were to take stock of your life, would you find that you prioritize God above all else? It’s important to clarify that perfection isn’t the expectation, and the Lord knows that we cannot attain perfection like Him. However, He does expect us to earnestly strive to do our best and place our trust in Him with all things.
1. Commit Proverbs 19:8 to memory.