Athletes are like oak trees. They stand strong in the face of adversity and are always there to support those who need it. People know that they can rely on us, whether struggling to reach a new personal best or need a helping hand. We are dependable, just like the oak tree, and we will always be there for those who need us.
The formula to become more dependable believers is simple.
- In our relationship with God, we should be dependable in our worship, prayer, and obedience. We should worship God regularly and with all of our heart. We should pray for guidance and strength, and we should obey God’s commands.
- In our relationships with others, we should be dependable in our friendships, our family relationships, and our church relationships. We should be there for others when they need us, and we should be willing to help in any way we can.
- In our relationship with ourselves, we should be dependable in our commitments and our goals. We should follow through on our promises to ourselves and work hard to achieve our goals.
Psalm 119:30 says, “I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.” This verse of Scripture ties into being dependable in several ways. First, it shows that we are willing to sacrifice what we must do to follow Jesus. We are willing to set aside our desires and plans to obey God’s commands. Second, it shows that we are so committed to following Jesus that it is written in our hearts. We are not just going through the motions but genuinely devoted to following Jesus.
1. Commit Psalm 119:30 to memory.
2. Write down one way you can become a more dependable disciple of Jesus.