There are many reasons to enjoy fitness, but competitors have one goal in mind: to win. Yet, winning is not always defined by gold medals and first-place trophies. Instead, winning is determined by how and why we compete. Scripture urges us to be intentional as we follow Jesus Christ, comparing our lives to runners in a race, and we must not run without purpose. As competitors, we should aim for clearly defined targets.
- What is your target as a competitor in the sport of fitness, or in another arena of life?
- When have you failed to experience success because you lacked clearly defined goals?
With a clearly defined goal you will be able to find success. As followers of Jesus, we are not instructed to run in the race but we must “run to win.” So, what is the prize we are competing to win?
The competitor for Christ aims to see others cross the finish line with Him as their Savior. Champions win when others win, and they cultivate discipline in their lives to experience winning as much as possible.
- Pray for an opportunity to share your faith in the next 30 days.
- What disciplines could help you run toward the target?
- Commit 1 Corinthians 9:24 to memory.